Chickpea and Avocado Spread

6:22:00 PM Anna 0 Comments

If you like guacamole and chickpeas - you will like this recipe.  It is great on a sandwich or used as a dip, and is perfect for the warmer weather we've [finally] been getting.  Slightly adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod, I highly recommend trying it.



What you will need:

1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 avocado
2 tablespoons red onion
1 lemon, juice of
1/4 cup cilantro
salt and pepper to taste

Drain and rinse your chickpeas.  Then, in a medium sized bowl, smash chickpeas and avocado together.  Add onion, lemon juice, cilantro, salt and pepper. Mix. 

Pretty easy! I had mine on Ezekiel bread with some sliced tomato. You can add your favorite sandwich toppings or eat as a dip with crackers.

>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<

On to other news, I am now 22.5 weeks pregnant. Baby is about the size of a spaghetti squash (which I have a few bags of in the freezer that I need to use...)  I've been working on a pinterest board for the nursery which includes a few things I've already gotten.  You can follow it here.  Etsy has been the most fun place to find prints and other decorations.

21 weeks pregnant on my birthday
I've heard there's more snow in our forecast, but I'm really hoping the weather will stay warm soon.  And most of all, I hope we don't just skip spring and go straight into summer.  I think Williamsburg summer will be even less tolerable while pregnant.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: