Eating Clean[er]

7:30:00 PM Anna 0 Comments

Let me start this post by saying I am totally not above processed foods.  I love Diet Coke, Chick Fil A, Papa John's, chinese food, and yes, I will even eat McDonald's (although seeing their sign promoting "Fish McBites" kind of makes me want to throw up).

However, after watching more and more food documentaries and reading articles online, I have gained more motivation to actively cut down on these foods.  I most recently watched "Hungry for Change" which talks about the chemicals in processed foods.  Once I heard that aspartame, which is found in Diet Coke, converts to formaldehyde when digested...I decided I'd take a break from it for the time being.  Thank you, 10th grade biology...

http://www.ibelieveinadv.com/2009/11/international-vegetarian-union-anatomy/

I have been doing WW for a while now.  Even though I don't stick to it everyday, I feel like it's been very helpful as far as teaching me portion control and making smarter choices in general.  Fresh fruits and vegetables are "free" whereas one piece of pepperoni pizza from Papa John's is 9 points.  So - you can either stay full all day on WW or reach your daily limit in one sitting.  I am also steering clear of "healthy" choices like Lean Cuisines.  I bought a few the other week and they completely grossed me out - not to mention the amount of sodium they have and pretty small portion size for the amount of points.

So, anyway, am I going to empty my freezer and pantry of everything with an ingredient I don't recognize?  No.  But, I will at least look at ingredient lists more closely from now on and make better choices in the future.  I'd rather avoid the formaldehyde build up in my brain, if possible...

And with that, I will leave you with pretty food pictures from trendland.com







You Might Also Like

0 comments: