Homemade Carrot Ginger Dressing

8:21:00 PM Anna 0 Comments

So I have to admit - I loooove the ginger dressing you get at sushi restaurants.  I love it so much I often briefly consider drinking the leftovers from my bowl when my salad is gone - but instead just get a little sad inside when they carry my "empty" bowl away.


While my homemade version doesn't leave me wanting to drink what's left, it's actually really good and very healthy - made mostly from carrots and other fresh ingredients.

What you will need:

5-7 medium sized carrots, peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
2 tablespoons onion (I used red)
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
2 teaspoons garlic, minced
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1 tablespoon agave nectar
1/4 teaspoon salt

Fill a large saucepan with water and carrots.  Bring to a boil over medium high heat.  Boil about 15 minutes or until the carrots are tender.

While carrots are cooking, combine other ingredients in a food processor or blender until well mixed.  Add in cooked carrots and mix again until smooth.  I like that this made a very thick dressing, but you can add water until it reaches the consistency that you like.  Serves 8-10. Enjoy!


You Might Also Like

0 comments: