Crockpot Mongolian Beef

6:39:00 PM Anna 0 Comments

In an effort to make up for my slacking - you get two blog posts today!  For dinner tonight I made a very easy meal in the crockpot - Mongolian Beef. Yuuum.  I tweaked the recipe from Once a Month Mom who makes lots of crockpot recipes and gives you the instructions to freeze them.  I only made a few changes and they were to take down the fat/calories a bit.



What you will need:

1.5 lb flank steak (I used Trader Joe's Premium Angus Beef)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon dried ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup soy sauce
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup brown sugar
corn starch
green onions, to taste (I used 3 onions in the crockpot and extra for topping)

Put all ingredients but steak into crock pot and stir to mix well.  Cut steak into stir fry sized strips and coat in large bowl with corn starch.  Add steak to crock pot and stir to mix with the rest of the ingredients.

Cook for 2-3 hours on high heat or 4-5 hours on low heat.  Stir occasionally.

This serves 4 and is 10 WWPP per serving.  Serve on top of rice if desired.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: