Healthy Shopping List

5:41:00 PM Anna 0 Comments

When trying to eat healthier, it is very important to go to the store with a list.  It helps me not only remember what I need, but it also keeps me from straying and picking up a bag of something because "ooh, that looks good".  I've searched for grocery shopping lists online and I like this one from Hungry Girl - it's very detailed.  Here's a list that's a bit less involved but includes all of the staples for me when doing WW.

Fresh Fruits (0 WWPP)
bananas
grapes
blueberries
pears
apples
clementines

Fresh Veggies (0 WWPP)
broccoli
carrots
greens (romaine, etc)
bell peppers
cucumbers
onion
squash
sprouts

Meat and Seafood
lean ground beef
lean ground turkey
boneless skinless chicken breasts
tuna
shrimp
turkey pepperoni
sliced turkey (sandwich meat)
turkey bacon

Bread
sandwich thins
flatout wraps/thins
bagel thins
Tortilla Factory high fiber low carb wraps

Beverages
skim milk
unsweetened coconut milk
tea (Lipton tea bags)
coffee
low fat creamer
diet sodas
small amounts of juices like V8

Other things usually on my list include non fat plain greek yogurt, high fiber cereal, beans, canned pumpkin and other canned vegetables, low fat cheese,  and low fat desserts such as Skinny Cow ice cream and sugar free jello pudding snack packs.  I also recently really expanded my spice collection.  Trader Joe's doesn't have a great selection, but most of their spices are only $2.  Having lots of spices on hand lets me cook much better healthy meals without adding oil and butter for flavor.  Hope this list can help you pick some new/healthy options the next time you are at the store!




You Might Also Like

0 comments: