Southwestern Black Bean, Quinoa, and Mango Medley

1:40:00 PM Anna 0 Comments



I know I have yet to post a recipe which involves actual cooking (which I do plenty of, I promise), but I wanted to share a recipe I made a while back from Skinnytaste.  I love dishes that involve chopping up lots of different ingredients and throwing them into a bowl...which is almost all you have to do to put this one together!  It's a Southwestern Black Bean, Quinoa and Mango Medley.



What you will need:



15-ounce can black beans  (rinsed and drained)

1 cup cooked quinoa (according to package directions)
1 cup corn
1 small red bell pepper, chopped
1 cup chopped fresh mango
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely diced
juice from 1 medium lemon or lime (I used lemon)
1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp ground turmeric (I omitted this ingredient because I didn't have it on hand)


Put beans, quinoa, corn, and chopped ingredients in a large serving dish.


Whisk lemon juice, olive oil, and spices together in a small bowl and drizzle over the mixture.  Mix all together with a large spoon.





I really loved the freshness of this dish.  It was a few too many flavors mixed together for my husband's taste - which I can understand.  I would make it again as is or possibly omit the mango.  I think my husband would be more likely to eat it that way, too.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: