Color Run

7:21:00 PM Anna 0 Comments

Oooh, Monday. I am so bad about veering off of my diet on the weekends. This weekend was especially "bad" because it was my husband's birthday.  My body was not happy I fit pizza, ice cream, mexican food, and more into the celebration.  But, as Monday morning rolls around, I am guilted back to my high fiber cereal, non fat greek yogurt, lean meats, and fruits and veggies (which I really do feel much better eating).

I did have one fun, active event this weekend.  I took part in my first 5k - "The happiest 5k on the planet" - the Color Run!  It was so much fun.  It's not timed and all kinds participate (young, old, canine).  For those of you not familiar with the Color Run, it is a 5k where a different color of powder gets thrown on you when you complete each kilometer, leaving you nice and rainbowy at the end.  I walked/ran it with my husband, cousin, and a few friends.  We all had a blast - I would recommend taking part when they come somewhere near you. You can check their schedule here.





So much fun! And it made me feel a little better about all of that horrible food I ate this weekend.  I did have a successful trip to Trader Joe's today.  I saw my first acorn and butternut squashes of the season.  I also got the rest of the ingredients I needed for my next two upcoming recipes - Curried Coconut Lentil Soup and Mushroom Stroganoff.  Check back sometime tomorrow to see how they turned out!

You Might Also Like

0 comments: