Greek Quinoa Salad

10:22:00 PM Anna 0 Comments

I found this recipe for Greek Quinoa Salad on the blog "Two Peas and their Pod".  I love greek salads, and the more I read about quinoa, the more I want to work it into my meals, so this seemed like a good recipe to try out.  I followed it exactly - minus the kalamata olives, and that's only because I forgot to get them.  I'm sure they'd make it even better.

If you haven't tried quinoa yet, I recommend that you do.  It's versatile and a "super food".  You can read about 7 of its health benefits here.  It's good to eat plain, with a little sweet thai chili sauce, mixed with vegetables, or meat - really anyway you might use rice.

This Greek Quinoa Salad is quick and easy to put together.


What you will need:

2 cups water
1 cup quinoa
1 cup tomatoes, diced
1 cup cucumber, chopped
1/4 cup red onion, diced
1/3 cup feta cheese (I used fat free)
salt and pepper, to taste

Dressing:
1/4 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon dried oregano

Rinse quinoa with cold water. Drain. Cook according to directions on package.  
While letting quinoa cool to room temperature, mix tomatoes, cucumber, onion, feta, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.  When quinoa is cooled, add to mixture.



In a small bowl, mix olive oil, red wine vinegar, and oregano.  Drizzle over quinoa mixture.

Enjoy!

You Might Also Like

0 comments: