November

8:49:00 PM Anna 0 Comments

It's hard to believe it's almost December.  November was a really fun month and fortunately included some "mountain time".  I went to school in the mountains and definitely miss them in the fall.  This month I got to visit Charlottesville, Lexington, and Blacksburg for football, wine, apples, and visiting with friends and family.

My friend is currently living in Charlottesville, VA and I visited her for the day before we headed to the football game in Blacksburg.  It was a perfect fall day.  We started it with bagels at a local shop called Bodo's and then we did a bit of shopping.


After that, we drove to her aunt and uncle's orchard at the top of Carter Mountain.  It's a bit of a steep drive (for those of us from Virginia Beach, anyway), but not long at all.  At the top you have a beautiful view of Charlottesville, as well as a winery where you can taste their wines and an orchard where you can buy apples, cider, and more.


I definitely recommend visiting if you are ever in the area.  We took advantage of a wine tasting, some apple cider donuts, and the perfect backdrop for some Anthropologie catalogue - esque pictures.


After that, we, along with our many layers of clothing, headed west to Blacksburg for the night game.  We met up with my friend's family and my husband.  I was mostly too cold to take pictures, but we had fun tailgating and drinking the wine I got after our tasting.  

We spent the next day visiting and relaxing in Lexington - a beautiful city to visit in the fall.



You are probably thinking "ok, this post has absolutely nothing to do with food..." and you're pretty much right.  I did try my share of new recipes this month, though, and in the next week or so I hope to share all of them with you - including everything I made for the first Thanksgiving we hosted.  So, stay tuned for some double cranberry applesauce and pear with gruyere pie!

You Might Also Like

0 comments: